Cookies are small information files used by websites to distinguish between individual computer terminals so that the pages and functionality of that website can be correctly and securely delivered.
Cookies are fundamental to providing user-friendly online services. The most common functions of e-commerce would be impossible without cookies.
There are two types of cookies that can be used in the Internet that you should be aware of – Session cookies and Persistent cookies. You can read more about these at http://allaboutcookies.org.
Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser and are usually not saved to your computer’s hard disk. We use session cookies to:
- hold some types of non-private information you provide while using an interactive tool on the website
- identify that you have logged in to the site
- hold your search criteria while you are carrying out a search of the website
- collect anonymous information on website usage to improve the site and service
Persistent cookies remain on your computer for a specified time and so are saved to your computer’s hard disk. We use persistent cookies to:
- identify that a registered user has returned
- securely remember your login User ID – if you have asked to do so
- understand how you use our site and obtain information on website usage
Cookie use on our site
We only use Session cookies on this site. They are anonymous cookies that uniquely identify the machine you are using to visit the site for the period of your visit. It ensures we send you the correct information securely as you navigate around the site. It is deleted as you close your browser. It cannot track you journey once you leave the site.
Click here for more information about Google Analytics
You can find out more about cookies and how they may be deleted or blocked at www.allaboutcookies.org